Highway Laborer |
Head of the Harbor has two openings within the highway department:
Organization: Inc. Village of Head of the Harbor
Name: Margaret O'Keefe
|Suffolk County, St. James, NY||2016-07-31|
Part-time City Court Judge |
VACANCY FOR PART-TIME CITY COURT JUDGE
Posting Date: July 18, 2016
Application Deadline: August 5, 2016
The City of Peekskill, located in Westchester County, is seeking a part-time City Court Judge to be appointed for a six (6) year term. To be considered for this appointment, interested candidates must be admitted to practice as an attorney, have at least five (5) years experience in the active practice of law in the State of New York and be a resident of the County of Westchester.
Organization: City of Peekskill
Name: Joanna Duncan
Chief Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Grade 3 |
VILLAGE OF MALONE
Organization: Village of Malone
Name: Cheryl Douglas
• Act as a key liaison between Mayor and Village Board, agencies, employees and citizens
• Prepare for and attend all Village Board meetings
• Set up conduct Village elections, registration, voting, administer oaths of office
• Prepare correspondence for Mayor and Board of Trustees
• Prepare grant applications; investigate funding sources as directed by Mayor/Board
• Supervise overall operation of Village Hall and interact with other departments
• Attend related training meetings or conferences
• Perform all other Clerk duties as required by law, ordinance or lawful direction of the Village
• Deal with public in a friendly, professional manner; provide information and refer people to others as needed
• Conduct general office activities; prepare meeting materials
• Serve as Clerk of the Village at Board meeting (days or evenings), post notices, prepare agendas, present reports, take minutes, keep record of proceedings
• Prepare and maintain official Village records, history, accounts, claims, and sales
• Publish or post & record ordinances & resolutions; issue licenses & permits
• Process contracts & agreements as directed by the Village Board
• Receive, read, sort, distribute and file correspondence from citizens and other governmental agencies; report at monthly Village Board meeting
• Compose letters; prepare, deliver reports to county, state & federal agencies
• Maintain an up-to-date records management system; have all files accessible and available to the public in a timely manner allowing people to inspect and/or request copies
• Receive and disburse Village funds as approved by the Board; maintain itemized accounts of all moneys received and disbursed
• Deposit as soon as practicable the Village funds in the appropriate designated depository
• Issue purchase orders prior to purchase; prepare vouchers and checks for invoices
• Manage payroll & payroll reporting, personnel issues, retirement, insurance
• Assist in preparation of the Village budget & annual financial statement
• Maintain record of expenditures versus budget, present a monthly financial report
• Perform the duties relating to taxation; give notice of property tax revenues
• Review tax grievance and conduct tax sale, prepare assessment roll
• Prepare tax roll and tax bills and mail tax bills, collect tax payments
• Make records available for a financial audit at least once every year
Organization: Western Suffolk County
Name: Muni Consultant
|Western Suffolk County||2016-08-13|
Village Administrator |
Village of Potsdam is seeking a qualified, experienced professional with strong interpersonal skills, who can communicate well with citizens, Village Board and lead village staff.
A bachelor degree in public administration, business or related field is required with a master’s degree preferred. With a multi-million dollar annual budget and 50+ employees and municipal services including a police department, fire department, planning and zoning, public works, building, and water/sewer the successful candidate must be able to competently create and manage budgets, have strong project management skills, oversee and develop personnel, provide visionary leadership to the community, village committees and staff, and be committed to economic development. 5+ years experience in a leadership position desired.
Name: John Wicke
City Engineer II |
The City of Watertown is seeking a full-time Civil Engineer II. Responsibilities include: designing and supervising capital, stormwater, bridge, road, municipal construction projects and junior level engineering staff. Responsibilities also include estimating costs, personnel and material requirements; preparing proposals; representing the City on planning and review boards; approving maps and surveys; preparing necessary reports; performing project management and regulatory oversight. The successful candidate must pass a Civil Service exam.
A. Graduation from a regionally accredited college or university or one accredited by the NYS Board of Regents to grant degrees with a Bachelor's Degree or higher in Civil Engineering or closely related engineering field and six (6) years of engineering experience, two (2) of which must have been in a supervisory capacity; or
B. Graduation from a regionally accredited college or university or one accredited by the NYS Board of Regents to grant degrees with an Associate’s Degree in Civil Engineering or closely related field and eight (8) years of engineering experience, two (2) of which must have been in a supervisory capacity; or
C. Possession of a New York State Professional Engineer’s License and two (2) years of supervisory experience.
Licensing Requirements: Valid NYS driver’s license.
Salary range $64,000 - $70,500.
Please visit the City’s website at www.watertown-ny.gov for an application and complete job description. Submit letter of interest, application and resume by 8/19/16 to Amie Davis, City Hall, 245 Washington St. Room 201B, Watertown, NY 13601. The City of Watertown is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Organization: City of Watertown
Name: Amie Davis
Director, Planning & Development |
Director, Planning & Development
Department/Agency of position: City of Dunkirk
Location of position: City of Dunkirk, New York
Wage/Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Hours: Full-time / Part-time
Date Posted: July 11, 2016
Resumes/Applications Received by: August 11, 2016 will be considered
The City of Dunkirk is seeking a Director of Planning and Development. Dunkirk is a coastal community of 12,563 residents on beautiful Chadwick Bay of Lake Erie. Dunkirk has a diversified area economy that includes tourism, an excellent state university, a regional manufacturing and retail center, and agricultural processing. The City has a total annual operating budget of $22 million; 137 full-time employees and has a bond rating of Standard & Poor’s A+. More information about Dunkirk may be found at: http://www.dunkirktoday.com/
The Planning Department consists of a Director and 2additional full-time staff members. The Department is responsible for the management and operations of planning and development programs and initiatives within the City of Dunkirk; functions include: comprehensive planning and development for the physical, economic, social and cultural environment of the City and preparation of related general development plans and programs; making application for federal, state, county, local and institutional, financial and technical assistance; promotion and organization of programs for industrial, commercial, economic, housing and waterfront development; assist Mayor in the preparation of capital programs and budgets; maintenance of related department records; other various and related duties as may be deemed necessary by the Mayor.
Minimum job requirements: 1) Bachelor’s degree in urban/regional planning, or public administration, or other very closely related field and five years progressively responsible planning and development experience, preferably with a municipality. 2) Proficiency in the basic planning tools (GIS software, etc., ) internet, the use of computer software programs, e.g., MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.
If you have questions about this position, please contact:
Vicki Westling, Executive Assistant to the Mayor
City of Dunkirk
342 Central Avenue
Dunkirk, NY 14048
Tel: (716) 363-6888
Fax: (716) 366-2049
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY RECRUITER/EMPLOYER
Organization: City of Dunkirk, NY
Name: vicki Westling
Zoning/Code Enforcement - Consultant or Officer |
The Village of Red Hook re-designing its Building/Zoning Department.
We have an RFQ and separate job ad on our website that detail our needs.
RFQ is for engineering/consulting firm with staff, including credentialed building inspectors, that can help re-design our operation. We use Municity software. Either position is part-time. Timeline extended to 8/31/16.
Organization: Village of Red Hook
Name: Ed Blundell
|Red Hook NY||2016-08-31|