Use New York's Settlement Funds Windfall for Municipal Infrastructure
NYCOM's first "Issues in Focus" policy brief focuses on the proper use of New York State's $5.1 billion in bank settlement funds. NYCOM's report calls on the Governor and the State Legislature, when determining the allocation of such funds over the coming months, to do so according to three guiding principles:
- Use for Non-Recurring Expenses
- Invest in Municipal Infrastructure as the Foundation to Economic Development
- Use Existing Programs to Allocate Funds Widely, Efficiently and Fairly
• Click HERE for a copy NYCOM's report, "New York's Settlement Monies and the Need for Municipal Infrastructure Funding."
• Click HERE for a copy of NYCOM's news release summarizing the key aspects of the report.