Assistant Corporation Counsel |
NOTICE OF POSITION
The City of Auburn is accepting resumes for the position of Assistant Corporation Counsel.
Title: Assistant Corporation Counsel
Overview: Assistant Corporation Counsel is responsible for assisting Corporation Counsel with all areas of the Municipal Law, with particular focus on zoning, planning, code enforcement, housing and civil litigation. The appointed individual will be expected to review, interpret and enforce the Code of the City of Auburn, as well as provide legal support to all City Departments, Planning Board, Zoning Board of Appeals, and Division of Human Rights. The position will require considerable time managing legal matters relating to vacant or abandoned properties in support of the Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC) grant.
• Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited law school.
• Admitted to practice in the State of New York
• Minimum of five (5) years legal experience within the State of New York preferred, but candidates with less
experience may be considered.
• Experience working in the area of Municipal Law, particularly, zoning, planning, housing and civil litigation.
The candidate should have:
o Strong organizational and computer skills;
o Superior research and writing skills;
o Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
Salary: Compensation is subject to negotiation depending upon qualifications. The position provides for competitive salary with a full benefit package including retirement and medical, dental and vision coverage.
Additional Information: For additional information relating to the City of Auburn, including the Civil Service job description for this position, please see www.auburnny.gov.
Residency: Upon employment or within a reasonable period of time thereafter, the individual so appointed must be a resident of the City of Auburn, unless granted an exemption by the City Manager and City Council.
Application Procedure: Resumes to be submitted by May 31, 2017, to:
John C. Rossi, Esq. and Stacy L. DeForrest, Esq.
Office of Corporation Counsel
Memorial City Hall
24 South Street
Auburn, New York, 13021
Organization: City of Auburn
Name: Stacy L. DeForrest, Esq.
Phone: (315) 255-4176
|Auburn, New York||2017-06-01|
Fire Chief |
The City of Canandaigua (pop. 10,500) is seeking a collaborative leader to become its next Fire Chief. The Fire Chief is responsible for the administration of the Canandaigua Fire Department. The Canandaigua Fire Department is a combination department consisting of two volunteer companies and nine (9) career firefighters. The Fire Chief functions as Incident Commander during emergency operations, manages Fire Department grants and capital projects, oversees the maintenance of firefighting equipment, trains and directs Fire Department personnel and conducts fire investigations. The Fire Chief reports to the City Manager/Director of Public Safety.
High school graduation or possession of a high school equivalency diploma; and either:
1. Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State Registered College or University with a Bachelor’s Degree in fire science, criminal justice, business administration, public administration or related emergency services field and three years’ experience as a firefighter; OR
2. Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered two-year college or university with an Associate Degree in fire science, criminal justice, business administration, public administration or related emergency services field and five years of firefighting experience; OR
3. An equivalent combination of training and experience as defined by the limits of 1 and 2 above.
Organization: City of Canandaigua
Name: John D. Goodwin