ASSISTANT WATER & SEWER SUPERINTENDENT |
Organization: City of Peekskill
Name: Joanna Duncan
Phone: (914) 737-3400
Deputy Village Clerk |
Looking to hire a full time Deputy Village Clerk. Hours are 9 - 4pm Monday - Friday. Municipal experience. Benefits available.
Organization: Village of Montebello
Name: Joan Will
Phone: 845 368-2211
Human Resources Director |
Human Resources Director
The City of Dunkirk is seeking a Director of Human Resources. This is a confidential executive level management position that acts as a senior level advisor to the Mayor, City Council and department directors. The incumbent’s primary function is to plan, direct, implement and oversee human resource policies and activities including employment, benefits, training, employee relations, collective bargaining agreements, and supervises the Personnel Department for the City of Dunkirk. The incumbent will be responsible to develop long-term and short-term planning in support of the City Strategic Plan. This is an appointed position under general direction of the Mayor with leeway allowed for the exercise of independent judgment in tasks performed.
MINIMUM OUALIFICATIONS: Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or university with a Bachelor's degree or higher in Public Administration, Human Resources Management, Business Management, Law or related field and five (5) years of full time paid experience in Human Resource Administration or Management; experience in dealing with labor relations to include collective bargaining unit negotiations.
Send resume to:
Mayor Wilfred Rosas
342 Central Avenue
Dunkirk, New York 14048
Organization: City of Dunkirk
Name: Wilfred Rosas
City Manager |
The City of Long Beach, New York is now accepting applications for the position of City Manager. The
City of Long Beach is situated on a barrier island, just off the south shore of Nassau County Long
Island. It is one of only two cities on Long Island, with a population of approximately 35,000 people,
spread across four square miles. The City's beautiful sandy beaches and 2.1 mile boardwalk make it one
of the finest places to live and visit in the state.
The City Manager is the CEO of the City, appointed by and working under the direction of the five member City Council. The City Manager will implement and oversee policies crafted by the City
Council, as well as manage this full-service City with 363 full-time employees and a Fiscal Year
2017/18 total budget of $110 million.
The incoming City Manager will be a seasoned professional and forward-thinking visionary who
possesses expertise in municipal finance and financial administration; and is capable of handling
economic development while ensuring the long-term financial stability of the City. The City Manager’s
responsibilities include, but are not limited to, managing day-to-day operations and policy
implementation of all City departments and divisions. He/she must have the ability to foster innovative
solutions to City problems through sound administrative practices and outstanding strategic planning
City Manager Job Duties Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- The City Manager, as a professional government administrator, is expected to discharge his/her
administrative duties in a non-partisan manner.
- Recommends programs and services by studying the changing needs of the city; identifying and
anticipating community service trends; evaluating and offering options to the City Council.
- Provides city services by establishing and improving a functional structure; delegating authority.
- Maintains city staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains city staff job results by evaluating and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring,
and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge through continual education; reviewing
professional publications; participating in professional societies.
- Achieves financial objectives through the development and proposal of an annual budget;
scheduling expenditures; analyzing financial variances; initiating corrective actions; anticipating
- Enforces Council legislation by developing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Complies with federal, state, and local laws and regulations by studying existing and new
legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising
management on needed actions.
- Coordinates and cooperates with federal, state, and other local units of government.
- Keeps the Council informed by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends;
remaining accessible; answering questions and requests.
- Actively engages and maintains rapport with the community and the media.
City Manager Skills and Qualifications:
A high level of integrity, tact, diplomacy and discretion; personnel management skills to achieve a high
level of performance and customer service; effective at conflict resolution; effective verbal and written
communication skills; and developing budgets.
Candidates should have a minimum of five years’ experience in a senior management position in a
government. The ideal candidate will have experience in the following: budget preparation; planning
and development; employee supervision; economic development and labor and contract negotiation.
The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree in either public administration or business
administration or a Bachelor’s degree with related municipal management experience. A post graduate
degree is preferred.
The City Manager is required to reside within the City of Long Beach within ninety (90) days of his/her
The salary is commensurate with experience. The City also offers an attractive benefits package.
Organization: City of Long Beach
Name: Mindy Abrams
City Comptroller |
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Responsible for managing and monitoring all accounting and financial functions for the City, including financial reporting, operating budget, cash management, transactions and payments of the City’s obligations, legal compliance, internal controls, debt management, grants accounting, all City funds, capital projects and all day-to-day transactions for operations. Includes accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger, asset management, document management, and account reconciliations. Ensures all reports are prepared timely and in accordance with GAAP and GASB pronouncements. Accountable for other reporting and compliance requirements as mandated by local, state and federal authorities. Effectively supervises employees.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVTIES
Under the direct supervision of the City Manager, the Comptroller responsibilities include:
- To keep and supervise the books of general accounts of the City which books shall include a general journal, general ledger, commitment register, claim record, appropriation ledger, and bond ledger and such other books that from time to time may be found necessary to properly reflect the financial condition of the City.
- Maintains all accounting systems and procedures in conformity with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Develops, administers, maintains, and oversees the City’s annual budget and presentation of the budget; makes recommendations and forecasts for future funding needs; performs budget analysis and reconciles discrepancies; reviews and approves departmental expenditures and implements adjustments and corrective actions as needed.
- Prepare and/or oversee the preparation and review of financial statements, audits, reconciliations, and reports; provide information, specific analysis, and schedules as needed.
- To examine and approve all contracts, purchase orders and other documents by which the City incurs financial obligations, having ascertained before approval that moneys have been duly appropriated and allotted to meet such obligations and will be available when such obligations shall become due and payable and to record such obligations as encumbrances of the respective appropriation from which such obligations are to be paid.
- To audit and approve all bills, invoices, payrolls and other evidences of claims, demands or charges against the City and to determine the regularity, legality and correctness of the same.
- Manage issuance of bonds and financial instruments to support the City’s capital, recovery and financing needs. Monitors the City’s credit rating and debt levels, and identifies sound refinancing and debt structuring methods.
- Research, evaluate, develop and recommend general financial policies/procedures/manuals and modifications to existing methods to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
- To prescribe the form of receipts, vouchers, bills or claims to be filed by all departments, institutions, offices and
agencies of the city government.
- To perform such other duties pertaining to the financial records of the City as needed.
- Effectively supervises employees through planning, organizing and prioritizing work assignments. Encourages a
consistent flow of communications in a manner that will assure a clear understanding of needs and issues, promoting
sound teamwork and problem resolution.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and conferences; reviewing
professional publications; establishing professional networks; participating in professional societies.
- Promoting policies that enhance City government’s commitment to efficiency, integrity and performance.
- Supports City Manager with adhoc and special projects.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Strong analytical, management and implementation skills; strategic planning experience; Governmental budget preparation and administration. Ability to perform work with a high degree of accuracy and organization. Management skills and strong business acumen, including problem solving, vision, ability to manage multiple programs and meet deadlines, collaboration, leadership, decision making and ability to analyze diverse facts and develop clear and concise reports and recommendations. Responding to inquiries and in effective oral and written communication. Researching, analyzing, and evaluating new service delivery methods, platforms and techniques. Ability to work cooperatively with others. Proficiency in software programs including all Microsoft Office programs; high proficiency in Excel. Knowledge of MUNIS accounting system preferred.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited College or University in Accounting or Finance. Professional designation of Certified Public Accountant (CPA) strongly preferred.
Minimum of eight (8) years recent work in accounting, including four years of governmental and supervisory experience primarily responsible for organization’s accounting and financial management/reporting.
Organization: City of Long Beach
Name: Mindy Abrams
Fire Inspector |
Village of Fishkill seeking Part time assistant Fire Inspector
10 hours per week, flexible hours.
Salary to comensurate with experience
Must have state certification(s).
Contact Tom VanTine @ 845 897 4430
Organization: Village of Fishkill
Name: Tom VanTine
Code Enforcement Officer |
The Village of Wesley Hills is seeking a part-time Code Enforcement Officer.
8 hours per week and flexible.
Salary to compensate with experience.
Organization: Village of Wesley Hills
Name: Camille Guido-Downey
|432 Route 306||2018-01-16|