Village Administrator – Hamburg, NY (9,409)
Organization: Village of Hamburg
Name: Mayor Thomas J. Moses Sr.
Code Enforcement Officer |
The Village of Wesley Hills is seeking a Part Time Code Enforcement Officer.
• Inspects for compliance with local and state codes;
• Investigates complaints concerning building and zoning code violations;
• Issues written notices of violation to instruct violators of the action(s) to be taken to correct or abate the violation(s) within a specified period of time;
• Issues oral instructions regarding the violation(s) found;
• Performs follow-up inspections to ensure compliance;
• Prepares routine reports and maintains records of inspection activities.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Architecture, Engineering or other course of study applicable to building construction; or
• Associate's degree or higher in Building Technology, Architecture, Engineering Technology or closely related field and one (1) year of paid work experience involving building construction, work in a building trade or in a position requiring familiarity with local and state zoning codes and ordinances; or
• Graduation from high school or possession of an equivalency diploma and two (2) years of paid work experience involving building construction, work in a building trade or in a position requiring familiarity with local and state zoning codes and ordinances.
• Must have completed and annually complete the prescribed minimum basic code enforcement training.
• Possession of a driver’s license appropriate for the vehicle to be operated.
All interested parties please email or fax resume to:
Camille Guido-Downey, RMC
Village of Wesley Hills
432 Route 306
Wesley Hills, New York 10952
(845) 354-0400 phone
(845) 354-4097 fax
Organization: Village of Wesley Hills
Name: Camille Guido-Downey
Assistant City Manager/Director of Administrative Services |
The City of Batavia, New York, operating under a Council-Manager form of government, seeks an outstanding leader to be its next Assistant City Manager/Director of Administrative Services.
The successful candidate will desire to be a part of the City’s vibrant and visionary culture. With recent high tech investments in the local Genesee County area and significant investment in the City’s downtown area by regional developers, the City is poised to take advantage of large incoming manufacturing, an expanding medical facility and a multi-million dollar addition to its neighboring Genesee Community College. The successful candidate will have a desire to be accessible and engage with the staff and community to reach shared community-wide goals. S/he will also be a strategic team builder and strong collaborator with the ability to bring people together and demonstrate comfort working with elected officials, citizens, all employees as well as with external organizations.
Bachelor’s Degree in public/business admin. or related field required, MPA/MBA or related field preferred. A minimum of 5-7 years’ experience managing at the mid- to senior-level in an organization. Strict adherence to ICMA Code of the Ethics. Solid understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) in public finance and budgeting, along with familiarity of Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB).
The salary range for this position is $78,757 to $95,523; placement within the range is dependent upon qualifications. The City of Batavia offers a competitive benefits package including healthcare, dental, life insurance, sick, vacation and personal leave and is part of the NYS Retirement System.
Open until filled. Please submit resume, cover letter and five work related references to: Dawn Fairbanks, Human Resource Specialist, One Batavia City Centre, Batavia, NY 14020. Background check and drug testing required. The Assistant City Manager is required to reside in the City of Batavia within 6 months of appointment.
Organization: City of Batavia
Name: Dawn Fairbanks