Corporation Counsel |
I. Salary: $85,698
II. Educational Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree from a duly accredited four year college or university; and
• Juris Doctor degree from a duly accredited law school.
III. Special Requirements
• Must be an attorney duly admitted to the Bar of New York and admitted to practice in the Courts of the State of New York;
• Must have a minimum of five (5) years of active practice in the profession of law prior to appointment;
• Must provide at least three (3) personal references; and
• Must possess a NYS Driver’s License.
IV. General Duties
• Serve as legal advisor to the Mayor;
• Serve as legal advisor to the City Council;
• Supervise the Law Department of the City including Deputy Corporation Counsels and support personnel;
• Appear for and protect the rights and interests of the City in all actions, lawsuits and legal proceedings brought by it or against any City officer, department, board or commission in connection with municipal business; and
• Provide general legal support and advice for the operating departments of the City government including areas such as litigation, contracts, real estate, real property tax, labor and employments, law enforcement, vehicle and traffic, code enforcement, municipal finance, planning, zoning and other areas related to tasks performed by a municipal government.
Organization: City of Troy
Name: Employment Opportunity
Village Manager |
Organization: Village of Hastings-on-Hudson
Name: Donald P. Marra
Assistant City Manager/Director of Administrative Services |
The City of Batavia, New York, operating under a Council-Manager form of government, seeks an outstanding leader to be its next Assistant City Manager/Director of Administrative Services.
The successful candidate will desire to be a part of the City’s vibrant and visionary culture. With recent high tech investments in the local Genesee County area and significant investment in the City’s downtown area by regional developers, the City is poised to take advantage of large incoming manufacturing, an expanding medical facility and a multi-million dollar addition to its neighboring Genesee Community College. The successful candidate will have a desire to be accessible and engage with the staff and community to reach shared community-wide goals. S/he will also be a strategic team builder and strong collaborator with the ability to bring people together and demonstrate comfort working with elected officials, citizens, all employees as well as with external organizations.
Bachelor’s Degree in public/business admin. or related field required, MPA/MBA or related field preferred. A minimum of 5-7 years’ experience managing at the mid- to senior-level in an organization. Strict adherence to ICMA Code of the Ethics. Solid understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) in public finance and budgeting, along with familiarity of Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB).
The salary range for this position is $78,757 to $95,523; placement within the range is dependent upon qualifications. The City of Batavia offers a competitive benefits package including healthcare, dental, life insurance, sick, vacation and personal leave and is part of the NYS Retirement System.
Open until filled. Please submit resume, cover letter and five work related references to: Dawn Fairbanks, Human Resource Specialist, One Batavia City Centre, Batavia, NY 14020. Background check and drug testing required. The Assistant City Manager is required to reside in the City of Batavia within 6 months of appointment.
Organization: City of Batavia
Name: Dawn Fairbanks